Saturday, July 2, 2016

An Image or Two Since Last Story

 
Intended to be a path around the large garden space, I have found this area with pine straw in it to be an excellent place for container gardening.  I set them up in little groupings according to how much sun they will withstand or love, and to provide some color through out.  The logs and chip-wood mulch are from the trees cut down in our yard. The pine straw is from a neighbors yard, who would love some grass under their trees. The inner border is monkey grass I planted 20 years ago to define the shape of the large inner garden. 

The inner garden has been overgrown with vines for years, hiding all the earlier makings of a garden I had started. This year's goal is to get rid of the vines and start again to make it look beautiful or be useful.  Since this picture, Jimmy hired a neighbor to pull off the vines since I had worked alone for so long and have only made a small dent in the vines.  All that is left is to dig up roots, so they won't reappear next year. I say that as if it were easy. NOT  It will take me hours to make a dent in it. But we are so much further along than we were. 


I now use the mulch for paths, and I am slowly removing all grass from the back yard.  Less weeding, less mud in the winter.  And it will provide a base for me to make some artsy pathway décor.  If I find time.  (Hey, spell ck just automatically put the slash above the e in décor. How cool. I've been wishing they would do that for years! Thank you people that make that happen. Wow.)

Not able to accomplish much in the summer heat, so I am making plans for the fall.  There will be an enormous amount of work to do to prepare for winter and next spring.  But I am excited because it is finally starting to look like a garden.  Feeling Blessed. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment